A brilliant, cost effective solution
The Guardian Emergency Gateway (EG) is a flexible SIP appliance that provides signal mediation between IP networks and analog CAMA trunks at a PSAP, allowing you to receive NG9-1-1 calls on your existing legacy CPE.
In the case of an IP-centric PSAP, the Guardian EG converts incoming CAMA trunks to IP (SIP) so that calls can be transported on the lower cost high speed IP backbone of the PSAP. The gateways also perform the opposite signal mediation for the outbound portion of the 9-1-1 call from the IP-centric PSAP.
The Guardian EG allows your PSAP to be compliant with emerging NENA i3 specifications for E9-1-1 VoIP calls, with no capital investment to upgrade existing call management systems. The Emergency Gateway is also easy to install and maintain, without the need to retrain local technical support.
The EG200, EG400, EG800 and EG2400 support a maximum of 2, 4, 8 and 24 lines respectively.
- ‘Plug and Go’ installation
- Support for 2, 4 or 8 analog CAMA ports
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet interface
- Stackable for larger sites
- SIP/VoIP with G711, G723,G726, G729 codecs
- Supports Static or Dynamic IP addressing
- Security features for direct connection to IP networks
- Operates behind PSAP firewall systems if required
- Remote monitoring, including remote configuration and software updates
- Full one-year hardware and software support
- AC power (battery back-up recommended)
- Selective Transfer capabilities including a Hosted WEB base address administration system
- Remote 24/7 monitoring capabilities to detect and resolve faults quickly without the need for PSAP personnel to be involved
- Certified to operate in North America (UL, EMC and Telco certifications)