Customer Service Technician (NOC Level 1)
Job Title: Customer Service Technician
Department: Technical Services
Location: Gatineau, QC
Travel Required: Occasional – upon request (Canada, US, other)
Position Type: Position Type: Permanent / Full Time
Job Purpose: Provide excellent customer service and quality responses to Solacom customers.
- Support VAR’s (Value added reseller) technical service team on Solacom VoIP solutions (Switch, router, firewall, gateway, PBX, VoIP, MAP, database, State wide network, etc.)
- Respond and troubleshoot alerts received from system and escalate as required to ensure integrity of the customer’s system.
Duties / Deliverables:
- As part of the Network Operations Center (NOC) team, perform Technical support on 24/7 basis shift rotation to Solacom customers (Rotating schedule assignment within the support team).
- Responsibility allocation: 30% phone, 70% management of incident queue unless otherwise specified.
- Open trouble tickets and on regular basis, update tickets to reflect actions taken, resolution achieved or further action required.
- Dispatch remote on-site technician when required.
- Occasionally provide on-site support to Ville de Gatineau.
- Create Knowledge Base articles.
- Work with customers (mostly VAR technicians based in the US) to understand, troubleshoot and ensure problem resolution.
- Follow-up with customer to ensure customer satisfaction with resolution.
- Assessing existing systems and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Generate reports and update system documentation for customer installations.
- When required, serve as liaison between customers and Solacom’s Research and Development staff by communicating problems and trends in order to assist in correcting errors.