Position Type: Permanent / Full time
Travel Required: Occasional – upon request (Canada, US, other)
Level/Salary Range: 60K to 65K
Job Purpose: Primary responsibilities will be as an installation technician but when not assigned to a project will be assisting support desk
- Support VAR’s (Value added reseller) technical service team on Solacom VoIP solutions
(Switch, router, firewall, gateway, PBX,VoIP, MAP, database, State wide network …)
- Respond and troubleshoot alerts received from system and escalate as required to ensure integrity of the customer’s system
- Responsible for installation, configuration, troubleshooting and testing site infrastructure equipment
Duties / Deliverables:
- As part of the Network Operations Center (NOC) team, perform Technical support on 24/7 basis shift rotation to Solacom customers (Rotating schedule assignment within the support team)
- Open trouble tickets and on regular basis, update tickets to reflect actions taken, resolution achieved, or further action required
- Dispatch remote on-site technician when required
- Create Knowledge Base articles
- Work with customers (mostly VAR technicians based in the US) to understand, troubleshoot and ensure problem resolution
- Follow-up with customer to ensure customer satisfaction with resolution
- Assessing existing systems and provide recommendations for improvement
- Generate reports and update system documentation for customer installations
- When required, serve as liaison between customers and Solacom’s Research and Development staff by communicating problems and trends in order to assist in correcting errors
- Perform site surveys, asset management, and deployment of infrastructure assets to various site locations
- Install and configure software on the end-user’s devices using appropriate guidelines and requirements
- Accurately document all actions taken related to the deployment and support activities
- Understand and support organization’s policies, procedures, processes, goals, and objectives
- On-site technical troubleshooting and customer assistance/problem resolution
- Opening trouble tickets, documenting action steps and the resolution of the problem including follow-up
- Generating reports and returns, update system documentation for customer installations
- Performing system provisioning, and commissioning at customer site or in office
- Training channel partners and end users
- Assessing existing systems and providing recommendations for improvement
- Assist in the development of technical projects
- 3 Years’ + Network Operating Center or Customer Service experience.
- Good communication and written skills in English
- Willingness to work on rotating shift (day, evening, night, weekend).
- Electronic Technician or Technologist Diploma/Telecommunication Technician or equivalent experience.
- VoIP, Telephony, Firewall knowledge is an asset.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good computer skills (Windows and Linux).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and good judgment.
- Customer service, communication, listening and human relations skills are required in order to determine client needs, understand and relay information, build positive rapport, confidence and trust and participate as an effective team member.
- Attention to detail, organizational and time management skills are essential in order to accurately enter data, maintain records, focus on multiple priorities and handle high alerts volumes in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised.
- Will need to undergo a security background check.