Senior Project Manager
At Solacom (a subsidiary of Comtech Telecommunications Corp.), public safety communications management is not a sideline, it’s our single focus. Our user-centric, multimedia 9-1-1 call handling and management solutions are built on more than 30 years of research and innovation in the application of advanced hardware and software technologies for public safety. Today, our 9-1-1 solutions support thousands of agencies affecting millions of lives annually. From dense urban environments to state, provincial, and national deployments, our solutions are trusted to streamline 9-1-1 call handling and management processes and enable more efficient collection of critical information in emergency situations.
We thrive on pushing the technology envelope to create leading-edge solutions for customers around the world. It’s demanding and challenging, but it is also very rewarding – and we think it helps make Solacom a workplace of choice in the Ottawa-Gatineau high-technology sector.
Our growing company is seeking to hire a Project Manager who will be in charge of project delivery/deployment, in organizing our ongoing projects. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner. Project Manager will plan, execute, finalize projects including close out according to timelines, scope and budget management. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will work with Solacom Business Partners to assist in defining the project’s objectives and oversee delivery and quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Manage medium to large scale projects
- Manage multiple project assignments in parallel to ensure timely delivery
- Manage both Telecom and IT Infrastructure projects of varying degrees of complexity and size
- Execute on project management policies, guidelines and program parameters
- Determine, establish, track and manage project schedule timing and resource allocation to ensure targets are reached
- Coordinate prioritization of projects to ensure consistency with corporate strategies
- Report and monitor project budgets and statuses
- Problem resolution and escalation management
- Conduct project status meetings
- Perform root cause analysis, issues management and conflict resolution
- Maintain regular communications among organization leaders
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Develop and manage Project Charters, Project Plans, Schedules and Risk Management Plan
- Manage overall project budgets
- Oversee integration and alignment of resources (internal & external) schedules
- Diploma in technology or equivalent or a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in Project Management and experience managing projects as a Delivery/Deployment Project Manager directly overseeing customer projects
- Understanding of project ICT (Information and Communications Technologies) infrastructure requirements, including:
- Networking & telecommunications; Hardware, Operating systems & Applications.
- Information and systems security; Business risk & continuity planning.
- PMP or CAPM preferred (a certificate in PM will be considered for those with excellent track records)
- Experience in customer facing role
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills interacting with a wide range of IT and management professionals, including executives
- Proficient communicating at all levels within an organization
- Extremely organized and capable of tracking, managing and resolving issues on multiple activities
- Ability to proactively identify and implement risk mitigation and issue resolution strategies to ensure program success
- Strong analytical, negotiation, problems solving and process thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, coordination and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- General knowledge of data center technologies, Telecom and IP networks
- Proficient in the use in the Microsoft Suite including MS Project
- High degree of tenacity and persistence to get tasks completed on schedule
- Ability to deal with change and learn new technology and processes. Determine priorities, make decisions, implement management systems.
- Ability to work with different groups (internal and external) to build consensus
If you believe you can contribute to the success of Solacom and have a strong track record of performance in the field of information technology, we invite you to submit your resume by email as we offer a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits.
Comtech Solacom Technologies Inc.
Canada J8Z 1W1