Job Category: System Designer
Department: System Engineering
Travel Required: Yes
Position Type: Position Type: Permanent / Full Time
Job Purpose: The design, prototyping, selection and integration of various components used to implement complex telecommunications systems, business applications, or networking products
Your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Qualify, specify and integrate software, computer, network or communication components within Solacom 911 products.
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to software, computer, server, IP network and telecommunication systems.
- Define product specifications, performances and qualification tests.
- Write configuration and installation procedures for software and/or hardware components to be used by manufacturing group.
- Provide technical support to product verification group, customer support group and manufacturing group.
ASSETS and REQUIREMENTS:
(Knowledge, skills, Ability, Training or Experience)
- Installation and configuration of Linux CentOs, Windows 10 Enterprise, windows server 2012/2016.
- Deployment and configuration of Windows Active Directory Domain services.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Server virtualization with VMWare exsi.
- Creating and maintaining computer image (Clonezilla).
- Windows Patch Management (WSUS).
- Cisco CCNA (ICND1/ICND2) certification
- Experience with Digital and analog telecommunication protocols (ISDN, CAS, SS7, SIP)
- Computer architecture and technologies (RAID, SDD, HDD, NIC, PCI, CPci, Touch Screen, KVM)
- Computer Network configuration (MAC address, IP address, subnet mask).
- Ethernet Debugging tools (Wireshark)
- Experience Legal voice and data recorder.
- Experience with E911 products.
- Legacy PBXs and VoIP PBXs configuration and setting
- Language: Bilingual (English & French)
- Bachelor’s in Electrical engineering (or equivalent experience), or
- Bachelor’s in Computer System Engineering, or
- Bachelor’s in Communication Engineering