At Solacom (a subsidiary of Comtech Telecommunications Corp.), public safety communications management is not a sideline, it’s our single focus. Our user-centric, multimedia 9-1-1 call handling and management solutions are built on more than 30 years of research and innovation in the application of advanced hardware and software technologies for public safety. Today, our 9-1-1 solutions support thousands of agencies affecting millions of lives annually. From dense urban environments to state, provincial, and national deployments, our solutions are trusted to streamline 9-1-1 call handling and management processes and enable more efficient collection of critical information in emergency situations.
We thrive on pushing the technology envelope to create leading-edge solutions for customers around the world. It’s demanding and challenging, but it is also very rewarding – and we think it helps make Solacom a workplace of choice in the Ottawa-Gatineau high-technology sector.
Solacom is successful because our employees go the extra mile to build highly reliable emergency call management solutions — and because we take customer service to heart.
We also thrive on pushing the technology envelope to create leading-edge solutions for customers around the world. It is demanding and challenging, but it is also very rewarding — and we think it helps make Comtech Solacom a workplace of choice in the Ottawa-Gatineau high-technology sector.
Your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Recommend solutions to technical problems and unique situations.
- Contribute to system architecture design and assist with product prototyping.
- Conduct detailed analysis of defined system specifications.
- Define system specifications and qualification tests.
- Develop and document designs that meet applicable standards.
- Select, qualify and integrate 3rd party equipment and software.
- Integrate and test complex features.
- Write procedures and provide support to operations group.
- Respond to emerging issues impacting our customers; troubleshooting, analyzing, proposing and implementing resolutions.
- Collaborate with many other technical and service teams across the organization.
Assets and Requirements:
(Knowledge, skills, Ability, Training and Experience)
- Ability to identify and deliver quality product.
- Proficient with Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 and above.
- Experience and knowledge of Active Directory deployments and management.
- Experience with configuring, managing and deploying network devices (Switches, Routers, Firewalls)
- Experience with Virtualization platform VMware.
- Experience in managing DB infrastructure (MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred).
- Experience configuring and maintaining VoIP and legacy PBXs.
- Scripting experience is an asset (PowerShell, python, bash, etc.).
- Digital and analog telecommunication protocols (ISDN, CAS, SS7, SIP).
- Proficient in using debugging tools and techniques.
- Language: English, (French would be an asset).
- University Degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- You may be required to pass security screening
- Must be Permanent Resident of Canada
If you believe you can contribute to the success of Solacom and have a strong track record of performance in the field of information technology, we invite you to submit your resume by mail or email as we offer a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits.
Comtech Solacom Technologies Inc.
80 Jean-Proulx Gatineau, Québec
Canada J8Z 1W1