At Solacom (a subsidiary of Comtech Telecommunications Corp.), public safety communications management is not a sideline, it’s our single focus. Our user-centric, multimedia 9-1-1 call handling and management solutions are built on more than 30 years of research and innovation in the application of advanced hardware and software technologies for public safety. Today, our 9-1-1 solutions support thousands of agencies affecting millions of lives annually. From dense urban environments to state, provincial, and national deployments, our solutions are trusted to streamline 9-1-1 call handling and management processes and enable more efficient collection of critical information in emergency situations.
We thrive on pushing the technology envelope to create leading-edge solutions for customers around the world. It’s demanding and challenging, but it is also very rewarding – and we think it helps make Solacom a workplace of choice in the Ottawa-Gatineau high-technology sector.
As the sole Human Resource personnel, you will be required to provide a wide variety of human resources and payroll activities. These activities range from recruiting, performance management, employee training, benefits management/administration and general human resource policy development and management.
- Assist, consult and guide managers and employees on HR related matters
- Manage all the recruitment process and initiatives in a high growth environment
- Prepare, update and maintain all legal contracts related to human resources activities
- Manage and administer both Canadian and US benefits program
- Ensure compliance with employment laws (CAN/US)
- Develop, lead and implement HR related policies and programs according to best practices
- Ensure HR objectives align with and support the company’s overall strategy
- Manage and maintain employee’s personnel file
- Manage Corporate Training and Development program
- Manage Corporate Performance Evaluation process
- Manage internal/external HR communications
- Ensure the Employee Manual is up to date
- Manage and provide compensation benchmarking and salary revision
- Prepare various bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or yearly reports on HR matters for different Corporate/Provincial/Government department
- University degree or College diploma with equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Excellent French & English communications skills (written and spoken)
- Great presentation and writing skills
- Proficient in the use of outlook, search engine, Excel, Word, Windows XP, Powerpoint
- Ability to think analytically
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills, as well as ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Discreet with a professional attitude
If you believe you can contribute to the success of Solacom and have a strong track record of performance in the field of information technology, we invite you to submit your resume by mail or email as we offer a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits.
Comtech Solacom Technologies Inc.
Canada J8Z 1W1