Customer Service and Installation Technician
At Solacom (a subsidiary of Comtech Telecommunications Corp.), public safety communications management is not a sideline, it’s our single focus. Our user-centric, multimedia 9-1-1 call handling and management solutions are built on more than 30 years of research and innovation in the application of advanced hardware and software technologies for public safety. Today, our 9-1-1 solutions support thousands of agencies affecting millions of lives annually. From dense urban environments to state, provincial, and national deployments, our solutions are trusted to streamline 9-1-1 call handling and management processes and enable more efficient collection of critical information in emergency situations.
Solacom is successful because our employees go the extra mile to build highly reliable emergency call management solutions — and because we take customer service to heart. We also thrive on pushing the technology envelope to create leading-edge solutions for customers around the world. It is demanding and challenging, but it is also very rewarding — and we think it helps make Comtech Solacom a workplace of choice in the Ottawa-Gatineau high-technology sector.
- Provide excellent installation and support services to Solacom’s customer.
Duties / Deliverables:
- Perform site surveys, asset management, and deployment of infrastructure assets to various site locations.
- Install and configure software on the end-user’s devices using appropriate guidelines and requirements.
- Accurately document all actions taken related to the deployment and support activities.
- Understand and support organization’s policies, procedures, processes, goals, and objectives.
- On-site technical troubleshooting and customer assistance/problem resolution
- Opening trouble tickets, documenting action steps and the resolution of the problem including follow-up
- Generating reports and returns, update system documentation for customer installations
- Performing system provisioning, and commissioning at customer site or in office
- Training channel partners and end users
- Assessing existing systems and providing recommendations for improvement
- Assist in the development of technical projects
- 3 Years’ + Network Operating Center or Customer Service experience.
- Must be bilingual in French and English
- Willingness to work on rotating shift (day, evening, night, weekend).
- Electronic Technician or Technologist Diploma/Telecommunication Technician or equivalent experience.
- VoIP, Telephony, Firewall knowledge is an asset.
- Strong knowledge and experience of IP Networking including Microsoft Active Directory.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good computer skills (Windows and Linux).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and good judgment.
- Customer service, communication, listening and human relations skills are required in order to determine client needs, understand and relay information, build positive rapport, confidence and trust and participate as an effective team member.
- Attention to detail, organizational and time management skills are essential in order to accurately enter data, maintain records, focus on multiple priorities and handle high alerts volumes in a fast paced environment.
- Required to travel and to work unsupervised
- Will need to undergo several domestic/international security backgrounds checks.
If you believe you can contribute to the success of Solacom and have a strong track record of performance in the field of information technology, we invite you to submit your resume by mail or email as we offer a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits.
Comtech Solacom Technologies Inc.
Canada J8Z 1W1
Comtech Solacom Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and time in applying for our open positions; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted