Embedded Software Developer
At Solacom (a subsidiary of Comtech Telecommunications Corp.), public safety
communications management is not a sideline, it’s our single focus. Our user-centric,
multimedia 9-1-1 call handling and management solutions are built on more than 30 years
of research and innovation in the application of advanced hardware and software
technologies for public safety. Today, our 9-1-1 solutions support thousands of agencies
affecting millions of lives annually. From dense urban environments to state, provincial,
and national deployments, our solutions are trusted to streamline 9-1-1 call handling and
management processes and enable more efficient collection of critical information in
We thrive on pushing the technology envelope to create leading-edge solutions for
customers around the world. It’s demanding and challenging, but it is also very rewarding
– and we think it helps make Solacom a workplace of choice in the Ottawa-Gatineau high-technology sector.
The Software Developer is responsible for design and development of call handling
applications for telecommunication systems.
- Designing and implementing real-time software applications and drivers
Duties / Deliverables:
- Design and implement real-time software applications and drivers.
- Test and troubleshoot embedded systems including custom hardware and RTOS.
- Produce technical and other design documentation.
- Integrate with and design software for communications equipment on Windows platforms
- Analyze and resolve complex problems (multi-components, multi-disciplinary or intermittent in nature)
- Contribute to the learning curve of other team members, guide their design decisions
- Contribute to decisions on architecture and selection of technologies
- Develop, design, code, unit test, debug, integrate, document and participate in
full life cycle of software development activities based on AGILE principle
- Manage source code and tickets with GIT/TRAC
- Attend meetings, report progress, take technical leadership and ownership of
assigned design work
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- RTOS and Embedded systems experience. Board-level hardware understanding.
- C expertise. C++ proficiency. Object-oriented design.
- Keen interest in real-time programming, communication protocols, client-server,
command and control telecommunication systems
- General understanding of Software Development Methodologies
- Comfortable in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Language: English or French, bilingual will be considered as an asset
If you believe you can contribute to the success of Solacom and have a strong track
record of performance in the field of information technology, we invite you to submit your
resume by mail or email as we offer a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits.
Comtech Solacom Technologies Inc.
Canada J8Z 1W1
Comtech Solacom Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest
and time in applying for our open positions; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.