Embedded Software Developer
At Solacom (a subsidiary of Comtech Telecommunications Corp.), public safety communications management is not a sideline, it’s our single focus. Our user-centric, multimedia 9-1-1 call handling and management solutions are built on more than 30 years of research and innovation in the application of advanced hardware and software technologies for public safety. Today, our 9-1-1 solutions support thousands of agencies affecting millions of lives annually. From dense urban environments to state, provincial, and national deployments, our solutions are trusted to streamline 9-1-1 call handling and management processes and enable more efficient collection of critical information in emergency situations.
We thrive on pushing the technology envelope to create leading-edge solutions for customers around the world. It’s demanding and challenging, but it is also very rewarding – and we think it helps make Solacom a workplace of choice in the Ottawa-Gatineau high-technology sector.
The Software Developer is responsible for design and development of call handling applications for telecommunication systems.
- Designing and implementing real-time software applications and drivers
Duties / Deliverables:
- Design and implement real-time software applications and drivers.
- Test and troubleshoot embedded systems including custom hardware and RTOS.
- Produce technical and other design documentation.
- Integrate with and design software for communications equipment on Windows platforms
- Analyze and resolve complex problems (multi-components, multi-disciplinary or intermittent in nature)
- Contribute to the learning curve of other team members, guide their design decisions
- Contribute to decisions on architecture and selection of technologies
- Develop, design, code, unit test, debug, integrate, document and participate in
full life cycle of software development activities based on AGILE principle
- Manage source code and tickets with GIT/TRAC
- Attend meetings, report progress, take technical leadership and ownership of
assigned design work
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- RTOS and Embedded systems experience. Board-level hardware understanding.
- C expertise. C++ proficiency. Object-oriented design.
- Keen interest in real-time programming, communication protocols, client-server,
command and control telecommunication systems
- General understanding of Software Development Methodologies
- Comfortable in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Language: English or French, bilingual will be considered as an asset
If you believe you can contribute to the success of Solacom and have a strong track record of performance in the field of information technology, we invite you to submit your resume by mail or email as we offer a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits.
Comtech Solacom Technologies Inc.
Canada J8Z 1W1