System Designer – Network
At Solacom (a subsidiary of Comtech Telecommunications Corp.), public safety communications management is not a sideline, it’s our single focus. Our user-centric, multimedia 9-1-1 call handling and management solutions are built on more than 30 years of research and innovation in the application of advanced hardware and software technologies for public safety. Today, our 9-1-1 solutions support thousands of agencies affecting millions of lives annually. From dense urban environments to state, provincial, and national deployments, our solutions are trusted to streamline 9-1-1 call handling and management processes and enable more efficient collection of critical information in emergency situations.
We thrive on pushing the technology envelope to create leading-edge solutions for customers around the world. It’s demanding and challenging, but it is also very rewarding – and we think it helps make Solacom a workplace of choice in the Ottawa-Gatineau high-technology sector.
The design, prototyping, selection and integration of various components used to implement complex telecommunications systems, business applications, or networking products.
Duties / Deliverables:
Your duties and deliverables will include but are not limited to:
- Recommend solutions to technical problems and unique situations.
- Contribute to system architecture design and assist with product prototyping.
- Design, plan and implement critical network infrastructure.
- Conduct detailed analysis of defined system specifications.
- Define system specifications and qualification tests.
- Develop and document designs that meet applicable standards.
- Select, qualify, and integrate 3 rd party equipment and software.
- Write procedures and provide support to operations group.
- Respond to emerging issues impacting our customers; troubleshooting, analyzing, and implementing resolutions.
- Collaborate with many other technical and service teams across the organization.
Assets and Requirements:
- University Degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or Computer
- Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to identify and deliver quality product.
- Network design, configuration, and maintenance experience.
- Certification: CCNP Enterprise and/or Security and above.
- Proficient with Windows Server 2008 and above and Windows 10.
- Experience with Virtualization platform VMware.
- Experience with Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred).
- Experience configuring and maintaining VoIP and legacy PBXs.
- Digital and analog telecommunication protocols (ISDN, CAS, SS7, SIP).
- Proficient in using debugging tools and techniques.
- Language: English, (French would be an asset)
If you believe you can contribute to the success of Solacom and have a strong track record of performance in the field of information technology, we invite you to submit your resume by mail or email as we offer a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits.
Comtech Solacom Technologies Inc.
Canada J8Z 1W1