Technical Project Lead
At Solacom (a subsidiary of Comtech Telecommunications Corp.), public safety
communications management is not a sideline, it’s our single focus. Our user-centric,
multimedia 9-1-1 call handling and management solutions are built on more than 30 years
of research and innovation in the application of advanced hardware and software
technologies for public safety. Today, our 9-1-1 solutions support thousands of agencies
affecting millions of lives annually. From dense urban environments to state, provincial,
and national deployments, our solutions are trusted to streamline 9-1-1 call handling and
management processes and enable more efficient collection of critical information in
We thrive on pushing the technology envelope to create leading-edge solutions for
customers around the world. It’s demanding and challenging, but it is also very rewarding
– and we think it helps make Solacom a workplace of choice in the Ottawa-Gatineau high-technology sector.
The Technical Project Lead will be responsible for consultative design support and final
solution design on Solacom proposed solutions.
Compile and translate technical requirements into customized solutions using
industry standard practices that are comprehensive and address the customer’s
Duties / Deliverables:
- Able to assess and define customer requirements
- Able to validate Telecom & Network solutions
- Develop competitive solutions in compliance with customer functional and
- Manages technical changes within organization
- Acts as technical point of contact for company/customer communication,
participates in regular customer teleconferences and prepares outgoing
- In coordination with Project Management, Operations and/or Product
Management R&D, negotiates and reviews design amendments
- Works with suppliers of third-party products to adequately define and scope third
party efforts and identify appropriate products to be used in the engineering
solution meeting customer requirements.
- Defines network and system engineering elements
- Drafts and customizes internal and external technical reports to support the
- Able to integrate into an existing team and become a functional contributor to the
team; a team player
- Maintains industry knowledge on technologies and practices
- Lead internal cross-functional team to obtain required approvals required to
complete designs as it may relate to technical aspects of new proposals.
- Ability to lead workflow / call flow discussions
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years engineering/system design experience dealing with similar
- Minimum of 5 years integration of telecommunications systems, including field
- Minimum of 5 years IP, telecom or related experience
- Must have demonstrated success and experience with networking and telecom
- Broad knowledge of Public Safety communication products, solutions and systems
is an asset
- Experience with protocols, standards and technologies such as SIP, RTP, TCP/IP,
and UDP; HTML and XML; SNMP; LAN/WAN and VPN.
- Proficient in the use in the Microsoft Suite including MS Visio
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to lead customer facing discussion and to travel
If you believe you can contribute to the success of Solacom and have a strong track
record of performance in the field of information technology, we invite you to submit your
resume by mail or email as we offer a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits.
Comtech Solacom Technologies Inc.
Canada J8Z 1W1
Comtech Solacom Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest
and time in applying for our open positions; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.